Finally … PRINTS FOR SALE!
I’m very excited to announce that prints are finally available to purchase! After ordering many samples from companies around the world I picked society6 to produce and ship the prints. society6 is a print-on-demand service based in the United States that produce gorgeous, gallery-quality prints and other products on behalf of independent artists and ship them anywhere in the world.
As you can see, I’ve had to rearrange most of them to a more printer-friendly size.
The quality of these prints are excellent – they’re digitally printed on thick, textured, archival paper and they look awesome. I squealed like a school-girl when I unwrapped the Einstein print. Trust me, I wouldn’t sell anything I wouldn’t hang on my own wall.
You can order different sizes, from a mini (7″x10″, $17USD) right up to an extra large gallery size (26″x40″, $60USD). Prices vary accordingly, so you should find a version to suit your budget. If you want to get all fancy, you can even order a framed version. (The Einstein print above is the LARGE gallery size with the scooped-black frame). If you want to get really really fancy, you can order your favourite comic as a stretched canvas (here’s a society6 video showing how they produce a stretched canvas).
All of my comics are NOT available as prints. Since some of the quotes are copyrighted material (like the Litany Against Fear) I would need to get permission first. I’ve tried to contact the Dune people a few times but still haven’t got a reply. For other copyrighted quotes, I’ve decided to donate some of the profits to a charity associated with the author. Dean Karnazes is a star for giving me permission to sell his comic. Also, I’ve only made what I think are the most popular quotes available. Send me an email or leave a comment if the quote you want isn’t available.
Of course in an ideal world I would get the prints made and ship them myself, but there’s no possible way I could organise printing, packing and shipping on my own. Using a print-on-demand service frees me up to do what I do best, draw comics.
Just a few things I want to make sure you’re informed of:
- Prints are shipped from the United States. Unfortunately, international orders do not have tracking and can take between 2-3 weeks to arrive.
- Prices are in USD and DON’T include shipping cost.
- Prints are shipped rolled in very sturdy cardboard tubes. They won’t be damaged in transit.
- If you’re ordering one of the long-form, mutli-panelled quotes please be aware that the words will be quite small if you get the mini size. Just something to consider, I’m not trying to trick you into buying a bigger size (well, maybe a little).
- I’ve added ‘BUY THE PRINT’ buttons underneath comics that are available at the moment.
If you experience any problems that are not addressed in society6′s FAQ, please let me know and I will contact them on your behalf.
Ok, that’s enough talking. This is my first foray into monetization and I’m a bit nervous. I’ll let you know how it goes!