53. ROBERT FULGHUM: Inconvenience or problem?
Robert Fulghum (1937-) is a writer best known for his self-help book All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten. I’m not familiar with his work at all. Shalini, a huge fan of Fulghum’s, submitted this quote on the Facebook page and I really liked it. I guess I should read his books if they contain little nuggets of wisdom like this one. I always think I’ve got lots of problems in life but they’re not really problems. For instance, I moved house recently and I thought that was the BIGGEST problem in the world and I was acting like such a drama queen. “Boo-hoo, I have to move! I won’t have wi-fi for a week! Woe is me! I won’t be able to download the latest episode of Game of Thrones! Oh, why must my life be so hard?!” I’m lucky enough to say that I haven’t had a REAL problem in my life. Ever. And this quote helped me realise that, so thanks again to Shalini for submitting it.
- So which Fulghum book should I start with?
– Robert Fulghum’s official website.
– I was trying to capture the same emotions in this comic as the Dalai Lama one, which I think is one of my better pieces.
– The Neil Gaiman ‘Make Good Art’ prints will be available tomorrow!